TWO SEXES, TWO CULTURES: GENDER ASPECTS OF COMMUNICATION
There is a connection between human speech behavior and his age, education, and breeding, profession and other factors. There is no doubt, that sex affects speech and speech behavior. In the last decades gender linguistics studying features of the speech of men and women has started developing. As for the Russian language we ought to speak more about trends and preferences of men and women in choosing different language statements than about units of language strictly assigned only to men or women.
1. Gapova E.I, Usmanova A.R. Antologiya gendernykh issledovanii [Anthology of Gender Studies] – Minsk: Propilen, 2000.
2. Belyaeva Yu.A Rech’ i rechevoe povedenie muzhchin i zhenshchin [Speech and verbal behavior of men and women] – Moskva., Publisher EKSMO-Press, 2000.
3. Zemskaya E.A, Kitaigorodskaya M.A, Rozanova N.N. Osobennosti muzhskoi i zhenskoi rechi [Features of male and female speech]. – Moskva., Nauka, 2000.
4. Benford N., Geidzh D. Kak zhenshchine nauchit’sya govorit’ po-muzhski [How can a woman learn to speak like a man]. – News., April 15 1993.
5. Kryuchkova T.B. Nekotorye eksperimental’nye issledovaniya osobennostei ispol’zovaniya russkogo yazyka muzhchinoi i zhenshchinoi. Problemy psikholingvistiki [Some experimental studies of peculiarities of using the Russian language by men and women. Problems of psycholinguistics]. – Moskva., 1975.
6. Vinogradova T.V Sravnitel’noe issledovanie poznavatel’nykh protsessov u muzhchin i zhenshchin: rol’ biologicheskikh i sotsial’nykh faktorov. Voprosy psikhologii [The comparative study of cognitive processes of men and women: the role of biological and social factors. Psychology issues]. – 1993.
7. Khrestomatiya po kursu “Osnovy gendernykh issledovanii” [Readings on the course “Fundamentals of Gender-related Studies”]. – Moskva., MTsGN,2000.
8. Teoriya i metodologiya gendernykh issledovanii [Theory and Methodology of Gender-related Studies]. – Moskva., MTsGN, 2001.