SOCIO-PSYCHOLOGICAL ASPECT OF INTERGENERATIONAL COMMUNICATION
Intergenerational relations, as fundamental part of human experience, with the concept of "age stereotypes" and means of older people’s stereotyping are analyzed in article. Within the framework of this study the attention to the general stereotypes about the old age and other communicative phenomena, associated with the old age, is also paid. The use of certain clich?s and stereotypic statements with respect to any group of people is relevant sociolinguistic question.
- Aldous, J. 1995, January. New views of grandparents in intergenerational context. Journal of Family Issue 16(1).104-122.
- Campbell, J, & Gilmore, L. 2007, December. Intergenerational continuities and discontinuities in parenting styles. Australian Journal of Psychology 59(3).140-150.
- Copen, C., & Silverstein, M. 2007, Autumn. Transmission of religious beliefs across generations: Do grandparents matter? Journal of Comparative Family Studies 38(4). 497-510.
- Douglas, G., &Ferguson, N. 2003. The role of grandparents in divorced families.International Journal of Law, Policy, and the Family 17.41-67. Fingerman, K. L. 2004, November. The role of offspring and in-laws in grandparents ties to their grandchildren. Journal of Family Issues 25(8).1026-1049.
- Gattai, F.B., &Musatti, T. 1999. Grandmothers’ involvement in grandchildren’s care: Attitudes, feelings, and emotions.Family Relations 48(1).35-42.
- Harrison, K., Richman, G., &Vittimberga, G. 2000, March. Parental stress in grandparents versus parents raising children with behavior problems.Journal of Family Issues 21(2).262-270.
- Klein, D. M., & Hill, R. 1979. Determinants of family problem-solving effectiveness. In E. W. Burr, R. Hill, F. Nye, & I. Reiss (Eds.), Contemporary theories about the family, vol. 1, 493-548. New York: Free Press.
- Li, T.W. 2002, August. A comparison of maternal parenting style attitudes of grandmothers and mothers of young children in Taiwan: Development of a new measure of parenting style. Symposium conducted at the annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association, New Orleans, LA.
- Leung, T., & Kim, M. 2007. Eight Conflict Handling Styles: Validation of Model and Instrument. Journal of Asian Pacific Communication (John Benjamins Publishing Co.)17(2).173-198.
- Mandler, Luescher, K. 2002. Intergenerational ambivalence: further steps in theory and research. Journal of Marriage and Family 64(3).585-593.
- Luescher, K., &Pillemer, K. 1998, May. Intergenerational ambivalence: A new approach to the study of parent-child relations in later life. Journal of Marriage and the Family 60. 413-425.
- Neugarten, B.L. & Weinstein, K. 1964, May. The changing American grandparent. Journal of Marriage and the Family 26(2).199-204.
- Riggs, L., Holmbeck, G., Paikoff, R., & Bryant, F.B. 2004, August. Teen mothers parenting their own teen offspring: The moderating role of parenting support. Journal of Early Adolescence 24(3).200-230.