TO THE PROBLEM OF CULTURAL IMPLICATIONS IN TRANSLATION: THE CONCEPT OF «DUTY/DEBT» IN RUSSIAN AND ENGLISH
Interrelations of the language picture of the world, presented in language-source and language-receptor, are considered in the article. The material used for analysis was one of key concepts of the Russian language picture of the world – a concept “долг (duty/debt)” – in comparison with its analogs, presented in English. The author focuses attention on importance of studying of core concepts, language-specific and reflected in the system of values of polysemantic words, for linguistics and translatology. Studying of these concepts in language-source and in language-receptor can give essential help to translators in understanding of features of national perception of the world and will allow them to use effectively this information in translation process.
1. James, Kate.Cultural Implications for Translation.// Translation Journal. Literary Translation. - Volume 6, No. 4 .October 2002. http://bokorlang.com/journal/22delight.htm
2. Brutyan G.A. Gipoteza Sepira-Uorfa [Hypothesis of Sepir-Uorfa]. - Erevan: Luis, 1968. - 66 p.
3. Kornilov O.A. Yazykovye kartiny mira kak proizvodnye natsional'nykh mentalitetov [Language picture of the world as derivative of national mentality]. – M.: CheRo, 2003.
4. Karaulov Yu.N. Obshchaya i russkaya ideografiya [General and Russian ideology]. – M.: Nauka, 1976.
5. Kazakova O.M. Yazykovaya kartina mira v lingvistike i kul'turologii [Language picture of the world in linguistic and culturology]. Aktual'nye voprosy sovremennogo universitetskogo obrazovaniya: Materialy XI Rossiisko-Amerikanskoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii, 13-15 maya 2008 g [Topical issues of modern education in university: Materials of XI Russian-American scientific conference, May 13-15, 2008]. – SPb.: Publisher RGPU named A.I. Gertsena, 2008. p. 267-270.
6. Nikevi-Batrievi, A, Kneevi, M. Culture-Bound Translation and Language in the Global Era. Amazon, 2008.