"MYTH" ABOUT THE INFINITE AFFECTIONATION OF DIMINUTIVE WORDS IN THE NOVEL “SPACE'” BY WITOLD GOMBROWICZ
This article counters the popular today idea regarding the myth as the synonym of delusion, or the anachronistic idea of something. It recovers its unending relevance as the axial construct of human existence and individual experience. The capacity of diminutives to destroy the illusion of the prevailing endearment in their emotional range and to be affirmed as mini-compendiums of mythological experience, constituted of an impressive poly-functional ensemble, as illustrated with examples from the works of Gombrowicz, is being put forth. The mediator role of diminutives within the communicative exchange between the individual and the Cosmos also unveils their ironic and form-destructive potential.
1. Gombrovich 2000: Gombrowicz, W. Kosmos. – Kraków., 2000, sokr. K.
2. Lakoff 1988: Lakoff, G., Johnson, M. Metafory w naszym życiu. – Warszawa., 1988.
3. Choran 2006: Choran, Е. Narchnik po razlozhenie. – Sofija., 2006.
4. Jakobi 2000: Jakobi I. Psihologijata na K.G. Jung. Pleven, 2000.
5. Jaspers 1994: Jaspers К. Vvedenie v filosofiju. Sofija, 1994.