LINGUISTIC MANIPULATION MECHANISMS (ON THE EXAMPLE OF ENGLISH AND RUSSIAN INFORMATION TEXTS)
Some linguistic mechanisms of impact on audience by formation of mass consciousness stereotypes in respect of certain countries, events, phenomena of public and political life, as well as individuals, used in the British, American and Russian mass media, mainly, in texts of information messages, are considered in the article.
- Danilova А.А. Manipulation by a word in mass media. – Мoskva; “Dobrosvet”, “Izdatelstvo “KDU”, 2009, pp. 234
- Zemskaya Ye.A. Language as an activity. Morpheme. Word. Speech. М.: Languages of Slavonic culture, 2004.
- Zemlyanova L.D. Communicative science and media: English-Russian dictionary of concepts and terms. – М.: Publishing house of the Moscow University, 2004., pp. 416
- Klushina N.I. Stylistics of a journalistic text. М.:”Mediamir”, 2008., pp. 244
- Larina T.V., Ozyumenko V.I., Ponomarenko E.B. Language mechanism used to manipulate publics opinion in English and Russian news texts, Bulletin of Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia. Series « Linguistics». – 2011.. N 2., pp. 35-45.
- Mikhalskaya A.K. Language of the Russian mass media as a manipulation system, Language of mass media as an object of interdisciplinary research. Theses of reports of international scientific conference. - Мoskva; Dobrosvet, 2001, pp. 216
- Popova T.I. Genre differentiation, selection of linguistic means in journalism: Speech aggression and speech manipulation in mass media, Russian language and culture of speech: Course book for institutions of higher technical education, Under editorship of V.I. Maximov and A.V. М., 2006.
- Trofimova O.V., Kuznetsova N.V. Journalistic text: Linguistic analysis: Course book. – Мoskva; Flinta, Nauka [Science], 2010.
- Chernyshova T.V. Mass media texts in mental and linguistic space of modern Russia. – Мoskva; LKI, 2007.
- Matheson D. Media Discourses - England: Open University Press, 2005., pp. 206
- Beder S. Moulding and Manipulation the News, in Controversies in Environmental Sociology, Cambridge University Press, Melbourne, 2004, pp. 204-220
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary.