INTRODUCTION OF MULTILINGUAL EDUCATION FOR INTEGRATION OF ETHNIC GROUPS LIVING IN GEORGIA
The educational system plays an important role in integration of the national minorities into the society. Integration of the national minorities requires their understanding of the State language, as well as protection of their own linguistic and cultural identity.
Therefore, the multilingual education in Georgia has the following main goals:
• to establish the system as the main instrument for integration of the national minority into the society;
• to establish an educational system as the main instrument for development of values of tolerance and the civil society;
• to ensure that the Georgian language is learned sufficiently by all residents of Georgia thereby ensuring their active participation in social and political life, as well as successful integration into the labour market.
1. Vishnevskaja G.M. Bilingvimz i ego aspekty: ucheb. posobie [Bilingualism and its aspects: Textbook]., Ivan. gos. un.-t [Ivanovo State University], 1997, p. 99
2. Rogozin D. Mul'tilingvizm kak social'nyj kontekst jazyka [Multilingualism as the social context of language]. - 1999, p. 180
3. Salome Mehuzla i Jejdin Roshe. Nacional'nye Men'shinstva i Obrazovatel'naja Reforma v Gruzii [National minorities and educational reform in Georgia]. Rabochij Doklad [Working Paper] ECMI No.46b, 2009