CONCERNING THE LANGUAGE GENDER MATTER
Results of development of the so-called feminist linguistics are analyzed in the article. Its detailed studying is recorded in verbal culture of different nations by inequality of sex, and it is expressed by creation of gender-neutral language norm, codified in special dictionaries (Dictionaries of Gender-free Usage) in order to overcome of the "language sexism". Linguists, working in this direction, expect from such overcoming at least increase of the level of mutual understanding in communication processes. Besides, it was established that in conditions of a language sexism, which otherwise can be called the masculine discourse, the masculine gender type is almost the norm, prestigious manifestation of sexual character.
1. O. Bel'chikov, L.P. Krysin. Sotsiolingvistika [Sociolinguistics], Moskva, 2002.
2. Vezhbitskaya A., Yazyk. Kul'tura. Poznanie [Language. Culture. Cognition]. Moskva, 1996.
3. Goroshko E.I. Slovar' gendernykh terminov [Dictionary of gender terms]. Moskva, Informatsiya – XXI centaury, 2002, pp. 256.
4. Goroshko E.I. Osobennosti muzhskoi i zhenskoi assotsiativnoi kartiny mira v russkom yazyke. [Features male and female associative picture of the world in the Russian language] Weiner Slawistischer Almanach. Munchen. 1997. Band 40.
5. Kirilina A.V. Slovar' gendernykh terminov [Dictionary of gender terms]. Moskva, Informatsiya – KhKhI vek, 2002, 256 p.
6. Kirilina A.V. Gender: lingvisticheskie aspekty [Gender: linguistic aspects]. Moskva, Institut sotsiologii RAN [Institute of Sociology, Russian Academy of Sciences], 1999.
7. O. G. Troitskaya. Nekotorye problemy kommunikatsii s tochki zreniya gendernogo analiza. Ivanovskii gosudarstvennyi khimiko-tekhnologicheskii universitet [Some communication problems from the perspective of gender analysis. Ivanovo State University of Chemical Technology]. 2000.
8. A. P. Nilsen, ed., Sexism and Language, urbana, III.: National Council of Teachers of English, 1977.