CLALLAM AS AN EVENT-DOMINATED LANGUAGE
In the article the author presents the sentential units of the Salishan language Clallam as a representative of an event-dominated language type. The author concludes that the event-dominated structure of the language with the predicate was prior to the object-dominated structure of the language with nominals in the diachrony of the language.
1. Ikonnikova O.N. The Dynamic Universe at the Pre-Grammatical Stage of Language. Jazyky I mezhkulturnyje kommunikatsiiy: materialy IV Mezhdunarodnoy nauchnoy konferenciiy, Vilnus– insk, May, 15-18. – Minsk., RIVSH, 2013. pp. 198-200.
2. Thompson, T. Clallam: A preview. Studies in American Indian Languages. Linguistics., No 65., pp. 251-294.
3. Wetzer H. Nouniness and Verbiness. A Typological study of Adjectival Predication. – Nijmegen., Universiteitsdrukkereij Nijmehen, 1995. – 361 P.
4. Fishermen. Linguistics Program [Electrinic resource]., Access mode: http://www.ling.unt.edu/~montler/Klallam/Fishermen/index.htm
5. Flood. Linguistics Program [Electrinic resource] – Access mode: http://www.ling.unt.edu/~montler/Klallam/Flood/index.htm